Sunday, November 17, 2013

Wouldn't Granny Be Impressed?

 I live close enough to walk over to my friends I know, who unexpectantly ask me if I would like to go with them to beach…out of state (although just next door to New Hampshire where I live) to Maine of all places. A place I like to go but do not go often enough. So of course, I said yes. They even stop by my home so I could grab my camera. "Yeah!" On the way, I got another surprise. A pit stop at a location I have never heard of or been too...Stonewall Kitchen. While they have a several locations, this one is located in York, Maine. It is amazing inside to see the place in its kitchen like setup; working kitchen sink and stove included. On every wall there are samples of every category and kind from sauces seen in the picture below, to jams and jellies and so much more. It boggles the mind how much stuff and things you can see in the store of kitchen gadgets, food, candies and kits to make delicious foods using ingredients of the all natural-all homemade and locally supplied food items lining the wall and in the middle of the floor. But hold the phone because it does not stop there! Connected to this masterpiece chock full of eye candy; literally speaking. Is also a well size cafe where you could have a nice lunch or breakfast meal…or even a quick snack if you that is what you prefer. But do not take my word for it. If you are ever in any one of the three seacoast area of Newburyport, Massachusetts, Portsmouth, New Hampshire or York, Maine, be sure to stop by Stonewall Kitchen and see…and taste for yourself. 
Your taste buds will surely thank you. I know mines did. 



No comments: