Monday, January 28, 2013

Knitting One & Purling too

Below are some toys created after taking a really cool knitting course. It was a first for me. Honestly, I was reluctant and hesitant to spend money for class when there are so many free ways to learn from sources like YouTube videos which are very good because you get you. However, if you are looking to do a certain project or more specific details like a pattern because if many YouTube video knitting and crochet lesson may refer back to a specific pattern either they sell or assume you would already have and just need help doing. So when one particular online source had a sale, I decided "Why not?"

Note: This is not a promotion for the online source but if you would like more information about the online site, feel free to leave a comment asking and I will be glad to share it with you. I am also holding off on mentioning them so I can email them and see about them giving students discounts for referal; course and material can be costly, if student are telling people are about course, directly or indirectly by wearing or gift giving, they should be rewarded for marketing "their" products. Many other business do it so why not them where it would really count, right? "Right!"

Any who, here are the three cuties. In the photo below, you will see the toys created with some before and after also knitting sweaters for them. This was a big challenge and accomplishment for me. I had never knit a toy or knit with more than color either. Creating these guy accomplished both. In knitting the sweater, I also learned how to create a sweater in a way never done before as well and new easy ways to do things I had already know how to do. I also learned a new knitter's technique; the Kit
Meet "Bob" the bunny
 "Brr, please cloth us!" 
 "Ah, so nice and warm but oh so lonely, where's my bud?"
 "Ta-da!" All done and dress warm. They could not pose with bunny comrade because he was already given as a gift to an expectant mom-to-be. So he was not lonely either.

No comments: