Monday, January 28, 2013

Watercolor experimenting

Well, sigh, I was not able to attend school this semester; politic and fights for rights do not just happen in government and with highly publicized issued. I had just gotten to the point where I was only taken art classes too where I knew I would excel and finally bring my GPA back up from the slump it was forced into when an instructor, too lazy to do their job, decided to give me a low grade because he did not want to go through the massive amount of research paper and other document "he" told us we would need to turn in with our completed project. Giving a low grade for something he claimed I did not turn in when he never opened the sealed envelope (to keep it from falling out of a bigger unsealed envelope.

After taking a watercolor course last semester, I continue to practice and experiment with different paints, techniques and tools to paint a subject. I also want to push myself to paint (and draw things) I have never done before so I can get to where I need to be; skill-wise to begin working a children's book I have begun working on a few years ago along with some other projects.

Here are some those trial and error experiments with watercolor.

 This particular barn painting with a stain glass window over the front door, was inspired by a scouting shoot I was doing for a class assignment. While I was out, a very nice lady approached me and inquired what I was doing, I had explained to her I was scouting building, structures and architectures for a painting class assignment. This painting was done from one of those photograph taken.
 The following two photos are the WIP (work-in-progress) and final presentation of self challenge to do a painting of my dog, Molly, I took a few years back of her looking out the window one wintry day. The bright light of snow outside and no lights ons inside that morning, created an appealing silhouette that enhanced and inspired me to take the photograph. The painting was done in my watercolor journal where I also have a profile of Molly already sketched out I also plan to do sometime in the near future.


No comments: