Tuesday, October 1, 2013

2 Days of Cool! GraniteCon Style

If you are a fan of comic books, anime, gaming or TV and movies, you should have found your way to the Radission hotel for a major epic event..."GraniteCon" hosted by Double Midnight comic book store.

It was two days of eye candy, actual candy and move your body to the action capture gaming candy. There was so jammed pack stuff going all day long and even into the evening the first day that words just escape me on exactly how to describe it all let alone where to begin!

So rather than fumble over the thought formulation for just the right words to describe all the thrills and excitement that just an overload of fun for me or where to begin, I will let the "best of" Estello's Best images below speak for themselves...I still get excited just thinking about it all...and also upset at some of the stuff I forgot or did not get take part in some way or another but that it is okay. I did get some really cool grabs  of my own.

 Two anime cosplay cat characters kept catching my eye
 Artistry in action by one of many artist on hand for the two day event
 I was more than bias when taking this shot for my one of sons who play the Borderland game that this cosplay player is dressed up as; more than bias because I also thought it was unique costume
 There are just too many Walking Dead and other zombie related fan, self excluded, to not get a photo of a face that even a mother may not love...she was probably eaten
 While some vendor merely sold their goods, this particular lady was dressed for the occasion in true ComicCon fashion; a cosplayer
 Another artist rightfully occupying his time before the event begins with his sketchbook
 While you may know his face, you probably know at least one or more of the characters his lend his voice talent skill to so many cartoons like Darkwing Duck, Dr. Robotnik form Sonic the Hedgehog as well as the voice for both Winne the Pooh and Tigger. He has also voiced many movie animated characters for Dream Works and Disney as well
 Richard Horvitz is another voice of some iconic characters like Invader Zim, Billy from The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy and Alpha 5 from the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. His voice will also be recognized by gamers too in such classics  games like  Pyschonauts (Raz), Ratchet and Clank series (Zoni, Pollyx, Zurgo) and Destroy All Humans (Orthopox).
 I got chills with excitement at the rare siting of a cosplayer dressed as the character, Eureka Frog, from one of my favorite anime shows, Soul Eater  
The best for last honorable shot of Emmy Award Nominee, voice actor, Jess Harnell, who has been named one of the top ten voice actors in the world! He has done literally hundreds of voices for so many major television shows and movie characters like all the Transformer films, Spongebob Squarepants, Animaniacs, The Simpsons and Cleveland show just to name a few of a very long list...my only regret, not taking a photo with him or getting a copy of his autograph for myself! 
"What was I thinking!" Oh I remember, I was volunteering to get the shot and forgot I could still be a fan/attendee. "Duh!"


No comments: